This is a relaxed smaller event so I really hope there is no need to stipulate too many t&c but its the thing these days to ensure they are available.
Cornwall Motor Fest – Display Vehicle Terms and Conditions.
Cars displayed at owners risk, event organiser shall be indemnified of any claim. All display vehicle owners or their club’s appointed officer must accept ToC at registration to confirm they have read, understood, and will abide by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party, such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
LAW & JURISDICTION
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
INSURANCE, TAX AND MOT:
All vehicles on display must be insured, taxed as appropriate, and hold an appropriate MOT certificate unless arriving by tender vehicle.
Insurance must cover the driver and the use of the vehicle for the date of the event, in compliance with the Road Traffic Acts.
It is recommended that clubs should be indemnified against injury, damage or loss sustained by third parties arising from any displays or equipment in use.
The minimum indemnity should be £5m. If asked clubs should provide a copy of their public liability insurance.
All showground traffic must give priority to pedestrians and riders and strictly observe speed restrictions at times when such movement is permitted.
During the Show (0900 to 1800 hours) all showground roadways must be kept clear of any vehicles, exhibits, stands, canopies, etc. to allow free passage of emergency vehicles at any time.
Please note strictly no unauthorised movement of vehicles will be permitted within the show ground between the hours of 0900 and 1800 hours. N.B. Trade and Craft Stand Exhibitors are required to remain open until 1800 and MUST NOT attempt to leave the Showground before that time due to the danger of interaction with pedestrians.
ALL VEHICLES ARE EXHIBITED AT OWNERS RISK.
RULES REGARDING THE DISPLAY OF VEHICLES:
Please help to ensure that all litter from the site is removed.
It is understood that once you are in receipt of a show ticket, the show terms and
conditions will be adhered too. Organised by Cornwall Motorfest LTD.
1. The event owner or Cornwall Motorfest LTD reserves the right to refuse admission in any reasonable circumstance.
2. Cornwall Motorfest LTD may adopt a bag search on entry or exit if deemed necessary.
3. Tickets are non-refundable. However you are welcome to resell your tickets but must notify us of the new name and owner of the ticket. (see rule 5)
4. Cornwall Motorfest LTD do not permit tickets to be resold for profit or commercial gain.
5. Cornwall Motorfest LTD reserves the right to alter the show content at short notice. In the event of this happening, no refunds will be issued or exchanges
6. This event may be filmed and/or photographed. Attendance at our events affirms your consent to be used as a member of the event audience.
7. Cornwall Motorfest LTD or the venue owners do not accept responsibility for any property lost or damaged at the event and as a result cannot be held liable.
8. The use of video or stills photography equipment for commercial gain is forbidden without the express consent of Cornwall Motorfest LTD .
9. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual event; including any
death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
10. Cornwall Motorfest LTD reserve the right to change or amend the date or venue of any concert, due to reasons beyond their control.
11. Cornwall Motorfest LTD may ask for photo I.D as proof of ticket ownership.
12. Alcohol can only be carried into the site on your first visit. Personal alcohol limit for camping site users. Limit per person is 24 cans, 2.5 ltr wine (boxed) 1 ltr spirit in plastic container. Only alcohol purchased on the showground (campsite excluded) may be consumed on the show ground. No glass containers of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
The following items cannot be brought into Cornwall MotorFest: offensive weapons, illegal substances, alcohol and glass. Professional cameras and video/audio equipment are strictly prohibited (without prior permission).
Cornwall MotorFest has a dedicated team of first aiders and paramedics. If you are in need of any medical assistance, please contact a member of staff and they will be happy to help.
Umbrellas are permitted into the main Cornwall Motorfest Show, however umbrellas are not allowed in the festival live music arena.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our priority. All visitors will be required to go through a security point. Cornwall MotorFest LTD reserves the right to search anyone entering our events, and all bags will be searched on entry. Please allow sufficient time to pass through the security points. Please also consider whether you need to bring a bag with you.
All campers should note there is a dedictated and clearly marked area for BBQ's. BBQ's are not permitted at any other place on the site, this includes inside personal tent space.
The right of admission is reserved by Cornwall MotorFest LTD and refunds will not be given to anyone refused entry because they appear to be under the influence of drink or drugs. Offensive weapons, illegal substances, laser pens, alcohol and glass may not be brought into our events.
These Rules and Regulations apply to all entries. They have been designed for your safety and the safety of others around you, based on best practice and common sense. Each soap box entry entitles 4 team members to entry to Cornwall MotorFest2018 on the day of the event. Extra team member tickets can be purchased at face value.
We’re here for fun, but the soap boxes MUST be strong, safe, and stable and have effective brakes and sound steering. These rules enable us to run the event effectively for the maximum benefit of all – please ensure you read them carefully and comply with the details. Thank You!
Runners and Riders
This event is open to anyone over the age of 16 years on the day of theCornwall Motorfest 2018
Entrants under the age of 18 must have the entry form signed by an appropriate adult and must be accompanied by an adult to enter the race. Driver and passenger helmets must be worn.
Dimensions & Weight
Maximum overall length – 2500mm
Maximum overall width – 1500mm
Soap Box must be designed to have three or four load bearing wheels.
The driver must be seated and forward facing. Driver and passenger helmets must be worn.
Brightly coloured soap boxes, sponsorship and advertising are encouraged. We also appreciate it if the team name is painted onto the soap box.
Gravity propulsion only – i.e. no motors, no pedals, no stored potential energy and no pushing from the start.
No loose weights will be allowed inside or outside the soap box.
Soap box must have an effective steering system with adequate turning ability for the course lay out. In our opinion this is the most important part of the soap box design!!
Soap box must have an effective braking system. The brakes must be capable of holding the vehicle on the hill, when laden with a driver.
It must not be possible for any part of the driver’s body to become trapped in moving parts of the vehicle (i.e. wheels, steering assembly, etc).
Soap box must have no loose parts or sharp edges.
No glass or other materials that would shatter or cause injuries to drivers and spectators in the event of a crash can be used in the construction of the vehicle.
Any steering column, brake lever or other protrusion must be designed and fitted such that puncture injuries cannot happen.
Bodywork and controls must not impede the driver in exiting the vehicle unaided. Any doors or hatches required for driver access must be readily operated from both inside and outside the vehicle without the use of tools.
Tow eyes to be fitted to front and back of soap box so that organisers can pull soap boxes up the hill at the end of each run.
All members of the team will be required to sign a disclaimer as part of the entry form and these will be checked to ensure all team members present on the race day have signed.
1. The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 16 and over who purchase a valid ticket.
2. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
3. To enter the Prize Draw you must purchase a ticket either online or in person at Cornwall Motorfest and submit your name and email address. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Scooter package prize" in the subject line.
4. Maxuimum 4 Tickets per entry entry. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
5. Cornwall Motorfest accepts no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by Cornwall Motorfest.
6. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 16.00 on 04 August 2018. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
7. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed in person at the Cornwall Motorfest show. The draw will take place on 04 August 2018.
8. The winner will receive a Modena 125cc Red & white scooter supplied by Cornwall Scooter Centre and a CBT bike test supplied by Dameralls motorbikes.
9. Cost of prize package in total is over £1600
10. The winner will be notified by email on or before 05 August 2018 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Cornwall Motorfest within 14 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Cornwall Motorfest shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and Cornwall Motorfest shall be entitled to select another winner.
11. The prize will be collected in person by the winner with proof of entry.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
13. Cornwall Motorfest retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
14. Cornwall Motorfest reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Cornwall Motorfest in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Cornwall Motorfest shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
16. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. Promoter: Cornwall Motorfest ltd